Friday 21 October 2011

Creating The Face - Reference Planes

After creating the topology lines on my face I needed to create the reference plane, I knew this from experience as well as the video's we were told to use telling us to do it as the next step.

To create the reference planes I simply had to draw a plane and add the image to that plane by creating the image as a material and then once I had set out the material to the correct settings I simply had to drag the material to my reference planes.


After adding the material to the reference plane I had to clone the plane and rotate it 90 degrees to make sure both planes were exactly the same size as well as being in the correct position to each other, once this was sorted I then had to use UVWMapping to move the position of the image without moving the reference plane itself, this allowed me to get the reference planes to show both sides of the image as well as being able to set out the images how I needed them.



The image above is what my final reference planes look like, now I need to start on the next section of creating the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment