Friday 21 October 2011

Creating The Face - Mirroring and Smoothing

Within this section of the process I mirror the side of my face that has already been created rather than waste time creating the other half of my face.



This process is done simply be selecting my model and applying a modifer called symmetry, this can be accessed in the modifer list:


Once this modifer was applied the face folds inside itself, this is simple to fix, within the symmetry options I simply checked the Flip option and this sorted the problem.











Once this was done I simply moved the mirror gizmo to allow the two halves of the face to match up correctly.
























Once the symmetry has been done I needed to apply a smoothing modifer to make the model look more like a face rather than squares. This is simply done by adding a smoothing modifer, im using the modifer called TurboSmooth:

This modifer uses a smoothing algrithom that allows the quads to be smoothed.

The image above is what my model looks like after my first attempt of having it mirrored and turbosmoothed, I know there are a few things I need to do, such as sorting out the bumps and groves that shouldnt be there but that can be sorted at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment