Friday 21 October 2011

Creating The Face - Adding Depth To The Face

The next thing needed was to create depth to the face, this is done by simply pulling out the vertex of the polygons, this gives the face a depth look and allows the face to take shape.

The first thing that needs to be done is to attach all of the seperate vertex's, this needs to be done because as we created all of the polygons seperately none of the vertex's that were created with it are connected to each other, this would cause alot of problems if left untouched, so what we need to do is select all of the different vertice's, as in the image below:


Then we need to select the little options box next to weld, this brings up a box which gives you the ability to change the weld threshold, it also shows you the amount of vertices you have before and after the weld will take place, after finding the threshold that best suited my case I clicked apply this automatically weld's the vertices together. Some of the vertices didnt weld properly so I had to go through the ones I found and manually weld them to the surronding vertices.

After all of the vertices have been properly welded together I started to pull the vertex's out using the side reference plane as a guide, this allowed me to get the vertex's as close as I could to the correct positions. This was a very tedious process as it required using different viewport layouts and alot of fiddling about to get things in the right position, after making sure all of the vertices are in the correct position I need to go onto the next section of the videos and the next step of creating my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment