Tuesday 8 November 2011

Stairs

Today I was assigned the honour of making the stairs for the building, this was an easy enough task, if not abit annoying due to the building blue prints being of a weird scale.

The first thing I did was create a simple box and put it into place over the blueprints, this then allowed me to get the scale I needed right. Once I believed the box was in the correct place I simply pulled the vertices on one side of the box closer together to give the stair a curved look, see picture below:


After the first stair was curved I simply made copies of that stair and put them into the correct place, and if they needed any adjustment then I made them according to the plans.

 
 after I made a simple square box and then created copies out of the single step to create a straight set of stairs:




Afterwards, I simply added both parts together to get a final set of stairs:






No comments:

Post a Comment